George Torello, PE, NAFE of George Torello Engineers
What this presentation will be about:
Residential Structural Failures
Best Western Conference Room in North Haven
WED. EVE at 7:00 pm April 22, 2015
Each year, in the United States of America, many dollars are spent to replace or fix structures with failures due to wood decay, metal corrosion and foundation failures.
George Torello, PE the speaker, will discuss some interesting structural failures and the efforts made to correct problems.
1. Common problems with Residential Construction.
2. Wood decay and how it effects the structural integrity of buildings.
3. Houses built on bad lots.
4. How water causes structural problems.
5. Use of ultrasonic equipment to detect the extent of termite travel.
6. How to determine causes of uneven floors.
7. Man’s worst invention: STAIRS!
8. Man’s best invention: BRACING!
May 27th – Coming soon
Information coming soon...
MONTHLY MEETING – Details & Info
CAHI's regular monthly meetings are held at the Best Western located at 201 Washington Ave (RT 5), North Haven. Meetings are free to members. Most meetings are on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 7-9pm.
Guests are always welcome! Guests may attend 2 free monthly meetings to experience our presentations, meet our members, and receive a CE attendance certificate.
Joining CAHI may be done at anytime of the year through our Membership Page.